And what is Fastboo itself? well to know more about fastboot, this is the details I pulled up from wikimedia here:
Fastboot is a diagnostic protocol included with the SDK package used primarily to modify the flash filesystem via a USB connection from host computer. It requires that the device be started in a boot loader or Second Program Loader mode in which only the most basic hardware initialization is performed. After enabling the protocol on the device itself, it will accept a specific set of commands sent to it via USB using a command line. Some of most commonly used fastboot commands include:
- flash - Rewrites a partition with a binary image stored on the host computer.
- erase - Erases a specific partition.
- reboot - Reboots the device into either the main operating system, the system recovery partition or back into its bootloader.
- devices - Displays a list of all devices (with the serial number) connected to the host computer.
- format - Format a specific partition. The file system of the partition must be recognized by the device.
Sometime you could get a problem when you want to install S1 Boot Fastboot driver, because the driver is not found.
You coul follow this complete guide if you get a problem to find or install S1 boot fastboot driver.